Here is my blog about our chicken adventures. We started to look into getting chickens about 2-3 yrs ago, but never really sat down and planned things out. There was always something else that needed to be done.
This year we set aside a budget for the coop and found some plans online and got to work!
This will also be an "Urban" coop since we are in the heart of the city.

Monday, May 23, 2011

FOUND A WINDOW...

Our friends had this great transom window in their wood shop, salvaged from a past construction job.  We took it home to see if it would work out, and wow....perfect fit!  It's like it was made for our coop. :)
This window will be mounted near the top of this wall above our egg box.




Check out the cool hinges.....


Here's a cute chick photo as well.....they are getting their wing feathers and tail feathers now.....sooo cute!!!  This is Charlotte and she's checkin' out her future home. 






1 comment:

  1. fun! the hinges are my favorite part! Someday, I'd like a greenhouse made of old windows... I'm not sure I can talk my husband into yet another out building on on our lot though, the chicken coop might have been the last one... LOL

    ReplyDelete