Here is my blog about our chicken adventures. We started to look into getting chickens about 2-3 yrs ago, but never really sat down and planned things out. There was always something else that needed to be done.
This year we set aside a budget for the coop and found some plans online and got to work!
This will also be an "Urban" coop since we are in the heart of the city.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

HERE...CHICK, CHICK, CHICK - 18 DAYS OLD!!

These little chickens are growin' like mad!  They are still in their tub, but have outgrown it and now I am rigging up a wire dog kennel this weekend.  I plan to separate the big ones from the Bantams....just for a bit longer.  Soon they will be in their coop anyway.  We plan to leave them in the coop, locked in w/ a light.

Today was their first day out in the coop run, since we got all the hardware on.  They had a blast!!  It was so fun watching them all flutter around.  I'm sure they'd much rather be outside.

VEDA - OUR MARAN


ANNABELLE - LIGHT BRAHMA




CHARLOTTE - OUR EASTER EGGER




PHYLLIS - OUR POLISH




VEDA AGAIN - She's the smartest one so far....imo.


TILLY - WHITE CRESTED BLACK (OR BLUE) POLISH


1 comment:

  1. hi there! I googled "Light brahma chick at 3 weeks old" and was directed to your post on backyardchickens about having a darker chick. That's exactly why I was doing that search, I was doubtful about my chick actually being a light brahma because she is so dark! She looks just like your Annabelle did at 3 weeks old. From the looks of yours, she never lightened up? Are our girls technically dark brahmas? I'm also building the same exact coop as you...parallel universe :)

    ReplyDelete